NATIONAL LEPROSY ERADICATION PROGRAMME (NLEP), UT-CHANDIGARH
- State Health Society – National Leprosy Eradication Programme (NLEP) U.T. Chandigarh, GMSH sector 16 Chandigarh
- I. State Health Society – NLEP was established in August 1996 in Chandigarh.
- The primary function of the SHS-NLEP is to provide treatment to the persons who are affected with leprosy and spread the awareness among general public through its IEC Activities regarding:-
- Signs and symptoms of the disease.
- 100% curability of the disease.
- Availability of free MDT o Awareness for early detection and treatment and prevention of disability.
- SHS – NLEP U.T. Chandigarh has 4 reporting centers for free treatment of leprosy patients in Chandigarh.
- These centers includes GMSH – 16, PGIMER, GMCH 32, CHC Mani Majra. The head office being Skin OPD, GMSH – 16, Chandigarh from where the compiled and cumulative reports from all the 4 centers are sent to Director General – Leprosy, Central Leprosy Division, Ministry of Health, Govt. of India with a copy to NHM, U.T. Chandigarh
- II. NAME and ADDRESS of CENTEr where facilities being provided to the public
|S. No.||Name and Address of the Unit||Type of facilities provided to Public|
National Leprosy Eradication Programme
Skin OPD, Govt. Multi Specialty Hospital, Sector – 16, Chandigarh
Physical Rehabilitation to Person Affected with Leprosy (PAL):- i) MCR footwear
ii) Dressing Material
iii) Calipers & splints
vi) Free Supportive Medicine
- Contact details of Programme Officer/Officer -Incharge
Name : Dr. SIMRAT KAUR
Address : National Leprosy Eradication Programme Room No. 135-36, Skin OPD, Govt. Multi Speciality Hospital, Sector – 16, Chandigarh
Phone : (O)0172-2783258
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
IV. Achievements of national leprosy eradication program
• Drugs & Reconstructive Surgery (RCS): • Free MDT is available in all the Reporting centers for the leprosy affected patients in Chandigarh. • Free Reconstructive surgery facility can be availed by eligible person with an incentive of Rs. 8000/- paid to him/her. • Supportive medicine , free MCR footwear and other Aids and appliances are freely available.
- Cases on record as on 31st March 2014 - 135
- Total new cases detected - 173
- Cases discharged - 146
- No. of “Other cases” Treatment - 143
- Balance cases as on 31st March-2015 - 162
- PR - 1.44/10000
- ANCDR - 15.39/100000
- MB - 67%
- PB - 33%
- Female cases - 34%
- Child cases - 4%
- Deformity cases G-II (Visible) - 6%
- Treatment Completion Rate - 100%
- Prevalence Rate (PR) - 1.44/10000
- Annual New Case Detection Rate (ANCDR) - 15.39/100000
- Treatment Completion Rate (TCR) - 100%
V. Information Education Communication Activities under the program(Click here to download)