National Program for Control of Blindness, UT-CHANDIGARH
1. Introduction of the Program.
State Health Society NPCB Chandigarh is committed to undertake all the activities under the preview of National Program for control of Blindness as per guidelines of Govt. of India. The targets set by GOI for UT Chandigarh are achieved more than 100% every year. We have already done 5963 Cataract operations against the target of 8000 up to October, 2010. Similarly in School eye screening program we have already achieved our goods to our program make a comprehensive Eye Care Program, which covers all the curative & preventive aspects for the control of Blindness.
Learn more about Eye Donation and Eye Donation formalities and From Click here to read more..
2. Name and Address of Health Facilities where services are provided to the public.
|Sr. No.||Name of Centre||Address & Phone No.||Type of Facilities|
|1.||Vision Centre CD-38||Dr. Sundeep Chander||
|2.||Vision Centre CD-45||Dr. Sundeep Chander||
|3.||CITCO||Dr. Dinesh Darshan||
|4.||Vision Centre CD-34||Dr. Sundeep Chander||
|5.||Vision Centre Manimajra||Dr. Dinesh Darshan||
|6.||GMSH-16, Chandigarh||Dr. Asha Sharma (HOD)||
|7.||CHC-22||Dr. Upma Garg||
Screening for diabetic Retinopathy.
|8.||PGIMER||Dr. Amod Gupta Phone No. 0172-2555656||
Cataract-ECCE, SICS, Phacoemulsification & Foldable Lens Glaucoma: - All types of glaucoma surgery squint, Adenex as, lid procedure.
|9.||GMCH-32, Chandigarh||Dr. Sunandan Sood Proff. & Head Deptt. of Ophthalmology||
3. Achievements under Programme.
- 1718 Spectacles to school children have been distributed in year up to April 2010 to October, 2010.
- 5963 Cataract operations were conducted during eye camps in year up to April 2010 to October, 2010.
- Eye donations were made so far and 5400 pledge forms were filed by volunteers of Eye Donation.
4.IEC Activities Under Programme.
- Health Chowk livened up an eye donation month observation, during October. One Booklet named as “Add color to some one’s world was released to sensitize about eye donation giving details of eye donors and facts, myths about eye donation
- Five New visions centres were opened and press coverage was given to this event. Eye donation week was celebrated where IEC material related to eye donation, daily eye care, Cataract Operations etc were distributed among public.
Poster, Banners, Flex Boards were prepared to display at health facilities and at common places before Diwali to sensitize about eye care while celebrating Diwali.
5. Contact Details of Program Officer.
Dr. K.S Rana
4th Floor New OPD Block GMSH Sector 16
Contract No.+ 91 9815598833